Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Tasting notes and discussions
 The Whisky Forum : Discussions : Tasting notes and discussions
Message Icon Topic: the macallun 1841 replica Post Reply Post New Topic
Jason Gray

Quote Jason Gray Replybullet Topic: the macallun 1841 replica
    Posted: 06.03.2005 at 06:46

Hello All,

this is my first official post.  i work for a bottle shop/liquor outlet in Canada and we've just recently received a few bottles of the macallun 1841 replica for ~$254.00 CND.  Besides the obviousness of the inclosed tasting notes...can anyone tell me anything about this whisky and whether this is a good value or not?  Over the last year the price of Macallun whiskys have sky-rocketed.  We are currently selling the 25yr old for ~$500.00 CND and the 12yr old for ~$75.00 CND.  We are going to be receiving the 10yr/15yr/18yr in about a week or two...we've been without for sometime. Amazing whiskys but it is very hard to gauge the comparetive cost...when we sell barell strength 25yr old Speyburn for a mere ~$125.00 CND.

any input is welcome...

cheers,

Jason

IP IP Logged
kallaskander

Quote kallaskander Replybullet Posted: 30.06.2005 at 16:24
Hi there,

Macallun? Is that what they call Macallan in Canada? Well anyway, I can not answer your original question as I have not tried the content of the 1841 Replica Bottle. To be frank I`m not much into the Macallan hype. The sherried bottlings are great, some are outstanding whiskies no doubt. But the prices asked - and paid - are beyond reason in parts. Even more so in Canada I conclude from your post. Concerning the new Macallan Fine Oak range, well just another fine Speyside whisky. If Macallan thinks it apropriate to sell their malt without the usual sherry contend they must have a plan, must they not? But it may no be so cunning you can put a tail on it and call it a weasel to quote Mr Blackadder. As for the Fine Oak range there are a lot Speyside distilleries that can do better - and do! In the hope that I have not rambled beside the topic all the while

Greetings
kallaskander
Never water another man's whisky.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version