Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Tasting notes and discussions
 The Whisky Forum : Discussions : Tasting notes and discussions
Message Icon Topic: quarter cask Laphroig Post Reply Post New Topic
eric m

Quote eric m Replybullet Topic: quarter cask Laphroig
    Posted: 10.07.2007 at 10:36

The quarter cask from Laphroig to me is very dissapointing it just has a lack of taste,the smell was very promising but tasting it i found it too alcoholic and too woody just too sharp.After adding some water it was less sharp but also less tasty.The regular and the 15 yo however i found them much better.Is quarter cask such a overrated whisky or is it just my taste?

Eric.
IP IP Logged
Poit Dubh

Quote Poit Dubh Replybullet Posted: 27.11.2007 at 01:15
I think it's more of an historical footnote than anything else Eric. I tired it out of curiosity and out of interest in comparing old fashioned style whisky with the modern product.

I was underwhelmed too.
Saor Alba a-Nis!!!
IP IP Logged
Caledonia

Quote Caledonia Replybullet Posted: 18.02.2008 at 18:28
Thats interesting , im a young whisky enthusiast and i find Laphroaig QC fascinating , you get the intensity of laphroaig as if a blanket has been put over it , calmed down certainly. 

I find Laphroaig perhaps not usually to my liking including the QC ut i thought that it was certanily anything but dissapointing.
IP IP Logged
eric m

Quote eric m Replybullet Posted: 25.02.2008 at 14:44
It is a nice whisky but there are more nice whiskies,comparing the qc with other "brews" from Laphroaig i`d say it`s quit average and perhaps therefor a good marketingproduct but not an exiting whisky like other Laphroaig`s.I`m just missing something other bottles do have.By the way have you tasted the new Ardbeg 10 Mor?What is your opinion about that bottle`s contents?
Eric.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version