Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Tasting notes and discussions
 The Whisky Forum : Discussions : Tasting notes and discussions
Message Icon Topic: Tullamore Dew Post Reply Post New Topic
Harry Herbert

Quote Harry Herbert Replybullet Topic: Tullamore Dew
    Posted: 28.01.2005 at 00:46
Whiskey is to one's taste, and the only way to truly know if you like it is to taste it.Some times you may fine a self-proclaimed ?expert? that has similar taste as you, and you can believe them, but most often they have a very different taste. And, because they are proclaimed the ?expert? people drink the drink and say it is good!With that said I am not an ?expert? on whiskey; however, I know what I like to drink.

Single malt scotches leave a dirt taste in my mouth.This is not a bad thing.It just taste like dirt.I personally don?t care for the dirt taste.God knows that I have eaten more than my fair share of it throughout the years.The burn seems to be dependant on alcohol content.If the burn is brief, it is acceptable.The taste for the burn comes with time.A hint of wood is good for me.With all that said here is my opinion.

Now if you want a drink to burn you throat, or leave an aftertaste akin to wood or dirt Tullamore Dew is not your drink.Their are many of you out there that crave taste and for one person to say this one taste the best is in their own opinion.Like most people they enjoy a hint of alcohol and a touch of flavor.When mixing Tullamore Dew the taste all but disappears.This is a great introductory drink.

In comparison to Jameson Irish Whiskey, Old Bushmills Irish Whiskey, Brennan's Irish whiskey, and Johnny Walker Blue Label, Tullamore Dew is closest to Johnny Walker Blue in taste and burn.Everyone that I have recommended Tullamore Dew to like it, and those who were avid Jameson drinkers switched.I purchase two to three bottles a month, and try to let everyone try it.Only one person did not like it saying it taste like scotch.

IP IP Logged
eric m

Quote eric m Replybullet Posted: 29.10.2007 at 16:02
If you don`t mind,i prefer Bushmills over Tullamore.
Eric.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version