Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Tasting notes and discussions
 The Whisky Forum : Discussions : Tasting notes and discussions
Message Icon Topic: Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban Post Reply Post New Topic
scotchdrinker
Groupie
Groupie

Quote scotchdrinker Replybullet Topic: Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban
    Posted: 18.02.2009 at 18:08
Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban

I have finally tried it!

Glenmorangie finished, ahem, I mean 'extra-matured' in port casks. Now bottled unchillfiltered at 46% Of the new releases which debuted at Whisky Fringe, this was the most popular and won quite a few votes in the Spirit of the Fringe competition. The most heavily finished of the new bottlings.

Color: Medium brown, kind of like a caramel color but maybe a little bit more bronze.  The legs coated the glass nicely, not super thick but not thinly in the middle, they we're there for a little bit.

Nose: Semisweet but not too sweet. I fell in love from the first whiff. The nose opened up a little after a few minutes and it seemed a little bit more in your face but still not overbearing.

Taste: It was a nice balance of sweetness and nirvana with a little bit of that whack behind the head that makes it Scotch and not wine in my opinion. From the reviews I read I wasn't so sure I was going to like this Scotch but I think I have found my replacement to the Old Port Wood Finish. it is different because it is unchill filtered but it is so smooth and nice and the taste buds it has been one of the easiest Scotch's I have had in a long time.

Finish: The finish was very smooth and subtle so you haven't forgotten what you just drank and it didn't overpower the rest of the dram.

Comments: I have found my replacement to the Old Port Wood Finish, it's amazing.
IP IP Logged
white

Quote white Replybullet Posted: 22.10.2009 at 13:46
well you have done a great job by posting the information of Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban.i have not yet tried it but planning to do so.< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" ="">

Edited by white - 22.10.2009 at 23:22
White Cuban Cigars
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version