Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Tasting notes and discussions
 The Whisky Forum : Discussions : Tasting notes and discussions
Message Icon Topic: Which one is fake? Post Reply Post New Topic
JonathaCR

Quote JonathaCR Replybullet Topic: Which one is fake?
    Posted: 27.10.2009 at 06:11
I have two bottles of Johnnie Walker Black Label but is hard for me to say if one of them is fake or even worse, if the two of them are fake.

Things that I see. the bottle of the left has a normal box, not too fancy, is withe inside and black outside. The box in the right is black inside and the bottle does not touches the sides of the box. Is black inside and kind of gray outside.

The bottle of the right has a plastic cap and the bottle in the left has a metal cap.

There is no word wrongly spell on any labels.
IP IP Logged
eric m

Quote eric m Replybullet Posted: 27.10.2009 at 11:41
Difficult to see on photo,the possibility is there that both are real JW`s only made for diffrent markets,i know of metal screwcaps as well as plastic/cork caps.If bought in the west it would be stupid to fake these for they are not that expensive and people go off to forge some rarer brands.But there is also the possibility it is a fake made in India or China.Where have you bought them and have you tasted them beside each other?If you still have any doubt after that,the best i can advise you to do is to contact JW to investigate the bottles.For myself i don`t see the trouble people go trough to make a relative cheap forgery while they can also create a fake Black Bowmore...

Eric.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version