Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Tasting notes and discussions
 The Whisky Forum : Discussions : Tasting notes and discussions
Message Icon Topic: Henderson bottling Post Reply Post New Topic
Willie

Quote Willie Replybullet Topic: Henderson bottling
    Posted: 31.01.2005 at 00:41
Hi all,

Ok Im new to this list,

I noticed on WWW.lfw.co.uk that they have an Ian Henderson bottling for sale (on the account of his retirement) the first and last i saw it was priced at £500.00.

What im trying to say is why would we spend £500+ on a bottle of 10 yo Laphroaig should we not all spend our money on lots of 10 yo Ardbeg! (Maybe Im wrong and I know that this is not a commercial bottling so maybe the wrong time to bring up my arguement - but )should we not rebel against all these so called "collectors" bottles at ?600+ a bottle, come on whisky is for drinking and enjoying! Maybe it is because Im a Student what do yo all think is whisky (sticking its head up its own ar*@) heading toward over priced stupdity or is this some thing that we have to live with!
IP IP Logged
Erik

Quote Erik Replybullet Posted: 31.01.2005 at 00:42
Hi,

The reason why the bottle had such a high price on its head, was mostly to do with charity, the money wich was paid for bottle was going to a charity fund on Islay, well that's a very good reason, I think, to ask such a high price..

Erik
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version