Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Collectibles
 The Whisky Forum : Discussions : Collectibles
Message Icon Topic: Can someone give me information about thi Post Reply Post New Topic
adam waggoner

Quote adam waggoner Replybullet Topic: Can someone give me information about thi
    Posted: 13.02.2005 at 00:51
I had an uncle pass away in the fall of '02 and i found a bottle of Old Charter. The bottle has never been open and was in the box. I was trying to figure out what year this could have been from. It was distilled by Old Charter Disterillery Co. in Lousiville, Kentucky. It is a straight Bourbon Whisky and is also 8 yrs. old. If I was to guess its in a 750 ml flask. It also has 2 labels on it. One is a bottle stamp from US internal revenue with a number on it. THe other is a red stamp with sayin Kansas Liquor also with a number on it. I am thinking it may have to do with right after the proahibition act. Please someone let me know more if they can help!!!
IP IP Logged
adam waggoner

Quote adam waggoner Replybullet Posted: 13.02.2005 at 00:51
Ok...so I found out this bottle is from the year 1968....but I am still trying to figure out how much it is worth...or an estimate of the pricing....can someone help me out
IP IP Logged
Greg Kitzmiller

Quote Greg Kitzmiller Replybullet Posted: 13.02.2005 at 00:52
Whiskey bottles are worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Whisk(e)y does not get better in the bottle. In fact, it sometimes gets worse. With the start of e-bay sometimes a bottle goes up in price and sometimes it is not worth more than when it was bottled. There are not that many collectors.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version