Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Collectibles
 The Whisky Forum : Discussions : Collectibles
Message Icon Topic: Old whisky is it worth anything? Post Reply Post New Topic
orionthunter

Quote orionthunter Replybullet Topic: Old whisky is it worth anything?
    Posted: 29.11.2006 at 00:01
Hello, my grandmother just gave me five old bottles of whisky, I was wondering if it is worth anything as a collectors item, or if I should just drink it.

There is half a bottle (4/5 Quart) of Imported O.F.C by Schenley 8 years old Canadian Whisky, with a tax stamp labled 1952

There is sealed bottle (4/5 Quart) of Ballantine's finest Scotch Whisky.  I can't find a date on it, it says "21" Brands, Inc on it, the tax stamp on it is pretty yellow, the lable is the older style with finest written below the crest, rather than in red above the crest on the new bottles.

A seald Bottle of of Jack Daniels (imperial Quart) there is no tax stamp but there is a sticker that says U.S. Navy Mess, once again no discernable date.

There is also a sealed bottle of Seven Star (4/5 Quart) and a sealed bottle of Royan Canadian(750 mL)  I can't tell the dates on either of these, but they have plastic caps and the tax stamp isn't nearly as yellowed as the others.

If you know if any of these might be worth anything, or how to tell the dates on them, I would really appreciate it.

Thank You

IP IP Logged
whiskey.pur

Quote whiskey.pur Replybullet Posted: 29.11.2006 at 09:30

hello zack,

could you please send me some pictures of these bottles?

i'm a collector of american whiskey. perhaps i can help you to get some informations about the bottles.

my e-mail-adress: rainer.hilger@wp-verlag.de

have a good time

rainer

IP IP Logged
eric m

Quote eric m Replybullet Posted: 29.11.2006 at 14:20
Hi Zack,perhaps you can try mr Krugers site of the whiskyauction also his adress:www.whiskyauction.com  greetings and good luck.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version