Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Collectibles
 The Whisky Forum : Discussions : Collectibles
Message Icon Topic: Strange bottle Post Reply Post New Topic
Maltese Falcon

Quote Maltese Falcon Replybullet Topic: Strange bottle
    Posted: 03.03.2007 at 00:10

Hello, i'm an Austrian memeber who came by a strange bottle of obviously Scotch of unknown but nevertheless probable vintage of at least 50 years. I think so since one of the few comprehensible areas of the backside label spells the word "military". So i guess it's a bottle from WW2 times. The labels are fairly deteriorated and can't be read properly. I'd be curious about what a bottle of Scotch it is (so much is fairly sure!) and if it is of any value, i'd like to know. In the meantime i will not clean the bottle. Here's a picture. On demand i will send more pictures out to whoever is interested per email. Just drop me a line per P.M. I'm looking forward to an interesting research....hopefully...

Kind regards from Austria from the Maltese Falcon

Edited by Maltese Falcon - 03.03.2007 at 18:58
IP IP Logged
Maltese Falcon

Quote Maltese Falcon Replybullet Posted: 03.03.2007 at 18:59
There's a picture in now!

The Maltese Falcon
IP IP Logged
whiskyportal
Admin Group
Admin Group
The Whisky Portal

Quote whiskyportal Replybullet Posted: 17.03.2007 at 11:44
Hi Gerhard

Send a mail with pictures to service@wihskyauction.com - Mr. Krüger is doing valuations for The Whisky Portal, and may be able to help you wit this.

Cheers
Dennis
Dennis Klindrup
The Whisky Portal
IP IP Logged
eric m

Quote eric m Replybullet Posted: 24.07.2007 at 10:00
Hello Gerhard,what i found out till now is that your bottle comes from the 50`s and NOT from the 2nd ww.Peracci was a importer in that time and a tradesman in wine.It could be possible he sold whisky at any army whether it was an occupationforce or own national troops.Or perhaps a soldier on leave brought it with him going back to his platoon.I`ll keep on searching for more info but never the less the whisky is certainly older as 50 years and you can have a little treasure in your hands.Be sure to get a good price for it when you like to sell.Contact the SMWS may be they can be of any assistance.I let you know more if i find anySmile
Eric.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version