Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Collectibles
 The Whisky Forum : Discussions : Collectibles
Message Icon Topic: King George IV Post Reply Post New Topic
rtkirk

Quote rtkirk Replybullet Topic: King George IV
    Posted: 14.07.2012 at 06:10
Hi,

I recently acquired a bottle of King George IV blended whisky. I figure it is nothing extremely special but wanted to know more about it. Its size is a litre and was bottled by Schenley distillers (Imported to NY). It looks almost identical to this bottle http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/king-george-iv-scotch-whiskey-750-ml-bottle
with the red paper seal and the gold paper immediately bellow the cap (plastic). As with that post, I know it is at least 18 years old but know nothing else.

I want to know what to expect when I drink it. Although I doubt it is special, I would like to know the value and rarity to know how to treat it.

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
whiskyportal
Admin Group
Admin Group
The Whisky Portal

Quote whiskyportal Replybullet Posted: 15.07.2012 at 22:45
To me this is not the best blend around. Best for mixing, to be honest. For auction prices (take notice of the small differences on the different bottles), please take a look at www.whiskyauction.com. Select "Results Database" in the left menu, followed by "Vatt & Blend" under "History (All)". Select Distillery/Brand name, and you will see what has been sold on the auction.
Dennis Klindrup
The Whisky Portal
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version